How To Make Environmentally Friendly Plasticizers And Resins Combine Well?
Under what conditions can the combination of environmentally friendly plasticizer and resin achieve the best effect?
I have summarized a few points here, and I hope it will be helpful to you.
(1) Good compatibility. This is the basic requirement for environmentally friendly plasticizers. The so-called good compatibility means that the polymer can hold as much plasticizer as possible. And form a uniform and stable system. Without phase separation, no bleeding occurs.
(2) Good durability, durability is a measure of the comprehensive performance index of plasticizer, including low
Volatility, migration resistance, low extractability, heat resistance, light and heat stability.
1. Volatility refers to the ability of environmentally friendly plasticizers to volatilize from polymers. This ability can be considered as the migration from the inside of the compound to the surface, and then evaporation from the surface to the surrounding medium. Therefore, a plasticizer with a low diffusion rate and a high boiling point should be selected.
2. Migration means that the molecules of the plasticizer move to the surface or the plastic containing the plasticizer is in contact with other substances, and the plasticizer moves to the surface in the plastic. For example, plastics used in electrical equipment must be non-migrating in order to ensure electrical insulation.
3. Chemical extractability Any plasticizer that is extracted by other substances to cause chemical changes is classified as chemical extractability. This phenomenon is manifested in that when plastic products are corroded by organic solvents or mineral oil, as the plasticizer is drawn out, the solvent is absorbed. The rule is that the higher the molecular weight, the lower the extractability.
Plastic products processed with low volatility, good migration resistance, and plasticizers that are not extracted have a long service life.
(3) Light-heat stability and low-temperature and cold-resistance. Plastic products are required to maintain their softness during processing and use. This requires plasticizers to have heat-resistance, light-resistance and low-temperature resistance. Where heat consumption increases Plasticizers have poor heat resistance.
(4) Electrical insulation PVC hard products without plasticizer, its electrical insulation is ohm/cm (volume resistivity), when the plasticizer is added, the electrical insulation performance will decrease. Therefore, the electrical insulation of PVC plastics depends to a large extent on the variety, dosage and nature of the plasticizer. Phosphate esters and chlorinated paraffins, etc., have higher toughness, which fixes the polymer main chain at the polarized position, and the electrical insulation performance is better.
(5) Flame retardancy General esters have flame retardant effects. Phosphate esters and chlorinated paraffins (except for some) have flame-retardant properties. Therefore, when considering plastic products for construction and furniture, choose a plasticizer with flame-retardant or non-combustibility.
(6) Antifungal (fungus) resistance. Some plastic products, such as polyvinyl chloride artificial leather, will become moldy during storage and use. This is caused by moldy dibasic acid ester plasticizers. This phenomenon will not occur if phosphate esters and chlorinated paraffin plasticizers are used.