What Are The Types Of Plasticizers In Rubber Products
Plasticizers are widely used in rubber products because of their good effect, low dosage, fast absorption speed, good compatibility with rubber, and low volatility. Then, the type of plasticizer in rubber products How much do you know?
1. Classified by source
(1) Petroleum-based plasticizers. It is one of the more plasticizers used in rubber processing. The plasticizing effect is good, the source is abundant, and the cost is low. Petroleum-based plasticizers are prepared by selecting appropriate crude oil for atmospheric and vacuum distillation. The main varieties are operating oil, third-line oil, transformer oil, motor oil, light chemical heavy oil, paraffin, petrolatum, asphalt and petroleum resin.
(2) Coal tar plasticizer. The main varieties of coal tar plasticizers are: coal tar, coumarone, coal tar pitch and RX-80 resin, among which coumarone resin is more commonly used, which is both a plasticizer and a good tackifier. Especially suitable for synthetic rubber.
(3) Pine tar plasticizer. Pine tar is the residual substance after dry distillation of pine root and pine dry to remove turpentine. The main varieties are pine tar, rosin, rosin oil, tall oil and so on. One of the more commonly used is pine tar.
(4) Fat plasticizer. Fatty oil series plasticizers are fatty acids, ointments and others made from vegetable oils and animal oils. Among them, stearic acid is an important vulcanizing active agent, ointment: black ointment and white ointment. Make carbon black easy to disperse, others include glycerin, castor oil, soybean oil, zinc stearate, etc.
(5) Synthetic plasticizer. Synthetic plasticizers are divided into the following categories according to their structure: phthalate esters, fatty dibasic acid esters, fatty acids, phosphate esters, polyesters, epoxy, chlorine-containing and others.
2. Classified by structure
(1) Paraffin-based rubber plasticizer. The paraffin-based rubber plasticizer has better oxidation resistance and light stability, but its compatibility and low temperature properties are relatively poor, and the place of use is relatively limited.
(2) Aromatic rubber plasticizer. The compatibility of aromatic-based rubber plasticizers with rubber is relatively good. The rubber products produced are high in strength, can be added in a large amount, and are low in price; but the color is deep, the pollution is large, and with the increasing environmental protection requirements, the use is gradually restricted.
(3) Naphthenic rubber plasticizer. The naphthenic rubber plasticizer has the characteristics of both paraffin and aromatic groups. It has good compatibility and no pollution. It is suitable for many types of rubber and has a wide range of applications. It is an ideal rubber plasticizer.
3. Classified by purpose
(1) Softener. Derived from natural substances and used in non-polar rubbers are called softeners.
(2) Ordinary plasticizer. The synthetic substance mainly used in polar rubber or plastic is called plasticizer. At present, the industry collectively refers to plasticizers.